Monday, July 21, 2008

We can totally tear down walls in one weekend.

We Reeds don't much care for being confined to small spaces.
And these walls?  They kind of got in the way.
And made a couple of small spaces.
Therefore...
Saturday morning, we called in reinforcements.  
Because you also know that we Reeds have to have SOMETHING torn apart and under construction in our home.  And why do it alone?  When you can have free labor?


And by the power invested in these kids, with a little help from the Daddies...


We tore those suckers down!!
Dining room walls?
See you later!


Kitchen walls?
Child's play.

New open, less confining space!  Yay!  :)
Out with the old lights, in with some new can lights for a brighter space.  A few more dry wall patches, primer, and new paint will finish this beginning portion.  Then we are doing some new floors.  Next up?
Gutting the kitchen and putting in something I can REALLY cook in!  :)
But alas...  That is a bit out into our future.  
Hmm...
Or *is* it...?
To be continued...  
:)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOOKS FABULOUS!!!!! I want a Wii for my birthday and I want Mario Kart too. :) I want, I want and I want! :) Oh wait....this is your blog...not mine. It's not about me. I really love the walls down. :) Great work by the child labor you have going on there. ;)

Sherri said...

I am really lovin' the red walls!

Tasha Roe said...

that is totally wicked! :)
Love the new space and I cant wait to see the new fab kitchen. work it dave, work it!

Shannon said...

Holy Cow! Ya'all ain't wasting anytime there are ya?
Can't wait to see it in person! ;)

Anonymous said...

I love love love love love love love the wide open spaces that you Makah CT Reeds have goin' on now. LOVE.

And why no mention of the mommies that worked their arses off in getting those walls down? Hauling out drywall and 2x4's with scary nails stickin' out of 'em? What about them? What about US???

I'm just sayin'.

g

sweet-sistah-sarah said...

Sweet action goin on at your house! Nice work involving the fam. Thats alway fun for the kids to help out the big ones.
I have to say I am partial to your red wall. I think I may have one or two myself. ;)

Anonymous said...

Are you tearing down more walls? Is that why you haven't blogged this week?? ;) Someone has to give you are hard time. :)

Anonymous said...

I gave you an award on my blog. BUT......you really need to update yours or I am going to take it away! ;) No excuses!!