Monday, June 30, 2008

I could totally hug this tree!

This is Big Spruce and quite possibly the biggest tree I have ever seen, in person at least.  I mean there is that tree you can DRIVE through somewhere in California.  But this one?  This one is way better.  And I'd like to see some suv drive through this puppy.
:)

It was like something out of a really cool movie.  Not scary like the creepy one in Poltergeist.  So don't even go there.  This one was all cuddly and lovable.  :)  And there were blackberries all around the base of it!  But we left those for all of Big Spruce's tenants.  

Unbelievable.  Can you imagine the lucky person who got to be the first person to ever SEE this thing?  Talk about stumbling across something really fanTAStic in the forest.  
I only stumbled into a couple of banana slugs I decided to name "Ricky and Lucy" and a snake.  I didn't name him.
:)

Reed Girls.

Oh.  And more foggy goodness!

Next time we go, we will plan to explore even more, and then take the drive home that DOESN'T take us through scary backwoods gypsy camps...

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I LOVE that pic of you and the girls.
You look all "Oregonish!"

sweet-sistah-sarah said...

Dang, that is one huge tree. Very cool shots you got there. Love your "girls" photo! You seem to be acclimating well. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, Paige.

Ann-Marie said...

holy crap- that's a COOL tree!!!
Bea-u-ti-ful pictures!!
congrats on your move!
glad to find your blog ;)